Tyre issue on B7?

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

vwdemon
Passat model: B7

Tyre issue on B7?

Post by vwdemon »

Hi,
I'm new to the forum so sorry if this post is in the wrong place!

I picked up by new B7 saloon 2.0Tdi 140 Sport about a month ago and love it (apart from the satnav that won't accept full postcode and tells you what you need to do at the last minute!)... anyway, I ended up with a 1 inch screw in the tread of one of my tyres and took it to my local Qwik Fit who said it was an easy puncture repair.

....or so they thought :sad: after twenty minutes the fitter came back and said that I would need a new tyre as the inside of the tyre seems to be coated with a rubbery bitumen type layer that he couldn't scrape through to get to the inside wall to carry out the repair, I had look and he was right.

I told him to put on the spare and put this wheel in the boot as I wasn't that bothered as it hadn't been losing pressure, but if this is accurate then you would need a new tyre every time you have a puncture?

He also said that it would take a week to order a replacement wheel.

Anyone else come across this?

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login