Wet front passenger footwell

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jbcook
Passat model: b7

Wet front passenger footwell

Post by jbcook »

Hi All,

I've got a 2011 B7 that I've owned for about 18 months with water in the front left (passenger) footwell. Frustratingly, all the guidance I can find about water leaks into this footwell is for b5.5 or before!

I've had a local garage clear out the two plenum drains at the bottom of the windscreen but it still continues. With the carpet pulled up, I can reach my hand behind the glove box and it seems to be coming from the left ish side of the glove box.

Windscreen seals seem okay, seems to be an original VW screen so shouldn't be that.
Door is draining freely out of the bottom
No sunroof so isn't the drains.
Happens regardless of aircon, so isn't the drain from that.

Something I have noticed is if I open the passenger door, there is some foam in the hinge area which is really quite wet, the drivers side is wet at the bottom, but the passenger side is soaked a good way up. I've also got a cracked wheel arch liner on the passenger front wheel but every garage I've spoken to seems to think this cannot be the cause of the wet footwell.

I've pretty much tried everything I can think of at this point, Main Dealer wants £290 to take a look and source the leak and wants to keep the car for a good few days, which will not work with commuting etc!

Does anybody have any idea what else I could try? Going Mad!

Thanks!

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login