Suspension dilemma executive style model

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pachanga231
B5.5
Passat model: b5.5 tdi 130 PD

Suspension dilemma executive style model

Post by pachanga231 »

I drive a B7 executive style estate 2014 dsg with factory sports suspension, on the net it states that its 15mm lower than the executive and has 18s as standard (executive style is top of the range) executive is one lower down, no 18s or lowered suspension.

Q1- will the shock absorbers be the same and just the springs that are different on both models

Q2- my ride is very hard at the moment and unforgiving. I've already changed all 4 shockers (no difference at all)

Q3- will changing springs to the non sports from the executive model (so 15mm higher) than my current set up make a difference to the ride quality or is ride quality more down to shockers.

Really not enjoying driving this car at the moment other than this issue I love it but already threw few hundred £ thinking shockers would help but zero difference! And don't want to do things on guesswork. Had a few places look and they all say it all looks fine it's just a harsh ride some cars drive like that!

Any help appreciated, pics of my car attached

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

B5.5 Passat Sport 130PD 6speed (Upsoluted) - Xenons - Cruise Control - Phatbox - Chrome Mirrors - FK Coilovers - 312mm brake upgrade - Mirror Polished 18" Keskin KT1's - Badgeless Grille - Blue LED - Touareg Torch - More to come

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login