Steering knock / Aircon

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Scougy
Passat model: B6 2.0TDi 170est

Steering knock / Aircon

Post by Scougy »

Hi all. Great forum! First post from a newb so apologies if I'm going over old ground here.
Firstly - I love my 2008 Passat. It's a 2.0 TDi 170 Estate. I bought it when it was a year old with 14K miles and it's been great although starting to show its age a bit now at 67K miles. Apart from regular services the only thing that's failed has been the nearside electronic parking brake which I gather is very common.
I have recently noticed two things which give me concern. There's "Play" in the steering, which was an advisory on a recent MOT. There's a slight knocking noise too when rocking the steering. I hope this doesn't mean a major repair is looming for me and wondered if any other B6-ers have experienced this and what was required to fix it? The other issue is air-con related. I just got the system re-gassed but it made no real difference (doesn't get cold enough for balmy Edinburgh summers :roll: ) so I think something else is playing up. I've seen mention of this elsewhere on the forum so I'll take a look at that detail.
I'm keen to hear about steering in particular so look forward to any comments and advice. Thanks.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login