Fuel flap problems

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pointer
B2
Passat model: B6 Diesel Estate

Fuel flap problems

Post by pointer »

I have a 2008 VW Passat Estate Highline 2 litre. When I bought i was told the air/con did not work, but I did not worry as I only use the car for dog walking and there is always a window to open! However, I have had problems re-leasing the fuel filler flap until recently when the switch in the driver’s door did not open it at all. ;)

I have checked the switch and there is not any 12 volt voltage there, nor at the adjacent switch. I opened up the side trims to gain access to the release mechanism for the flap, and as expected no voltage there either. So I disconnected the linkage so I can open the flap manually if I need fuel. :wink:

On looking through Haynes manual, it seems that both the air/con and the two switches in the door emanate from a ‘Courtesy’ module but being a simple mortal I do not know any more about the problem. :-??

Query 1, if it is that module, where is it located and is it a simple job just to swop it with another that will work
Query 2 are they expensive and by how much.

Any would be appreciated,
Bill

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login