Lights always on ?

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Bac2ba6
Passat model: B6

Lights always on ?

Post by Bac2ba6 »

Hello there haven't been here for a while, got a bizarre problem passat 2010 2.0 tdi bluemotion with stop start , as soon as I turn the ignition on all the lights both front and back are on and while the car is running, all I did was unplug the passenger rear light as I had dropped my plastic trim tool into the void beneath, retrieved it and plugged the light back in , now the lights are on all the time dipped beam side and rear lights, all the other lights brake reverse ect all work fine , apart from the fog light now ? What's going on .
I have changed the switch , and after loads of messing have changed every single fuse in the board by the steering wheel , although there was nothing wrong with the old fuses , in desperation I've changed the relays that are behind the mini glove box by the fuse board, still no joy , have disconnected the battery numerous times and left it ( battery is about 18months/ 2 years old , proper branded agm battery as my passat has stop start ) the car does not have day time running lights it never has , and the lights are stock lights . The rear fog light has been a bit intermittent over the years but has usually worked ok, also for some reason the obd port isn't powering up , have tried 2 separate scanners in it and they don't power up so carnt read anything ? Which is odd . I'm at a loose end now apart from changing the rear lights as a last resort incase something has gone screwy in there , appart from that lot the car drives , starts ect as it shoujd with no issues , don't suppose anyone would have a clue about this or maybe come across a similar or same problem , as I really carnt see what's changed ????
Many thanks 👍

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login