Back To Hot Start Issue or 2K rpm Stumble/Miss

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mwmackenzie
B1
Passat model: B6 2.0 TDi Sport

Back To Hot Start Issue or 2K rpm Stumble/Miss

Post by mwmackenzie »

OK I have the dreaded Hot start issue... Had the coolant temp sensors replaced as a fault was thrown up, seems one was unplugged which was giving the code but replaced anyway. hot start issue remained. Remap with EGR off seemed to cure the hot start issue but showed up a horrible stumble at 2-2.5K, changed fuel filter and that is still there. Then got another re-map with less power stumble not as bad but still there, another remap this time standard with no EGR, car runs better but hot start issue has returned, this is doing my head in so any suggestions welcome.

P.S. Thanks to Black Smoke for the maps and their patience! :-bd

Andrew at Black Smoke has had a guess at either an injector or injector seal, any advances on that??

My car is a 2.0 TDi BPK engine code, PPD with Siemens injectors/control.

Basically I have to choose between an imbaeacing hot start issue where the car turns over for 6 seconds before firing up or a stumble at 2.5K where i need to keep regulating the throttle to overcome it, I'm not enjoying either! I think the injectors were replaced in 2011 :???:

Any ideas??

Thanks
Mark
Last edited by mwmackenzie on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2005 Passat B6/3C 2.0 Tdi Sport 140 BKP
Mocca Brown
RNS2
19" RS6
-40mm H&R
A work in Progress!

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login