Fuel Pump

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

deejay
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Fuel Pump

Post by deejay »

Hi All,

Not been on here for some time. Hope you had a good Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year

Anyway, 3 weeks ago, my Passat juddered and came to a stop 5 minutes after starting it. AA came eventually and the guy checked everything out, No fault codes, checked diesel and asked me to put the ignition on, he then crawled under back wheel and banged underneath the tank. He said it will start now as he can hear the ticking pump! Started staright away.

Anyway, tro a few days ago. Broke down again, 5 mins after starting. Tried banging myself under tank. No go. AA came and the guy was useless. Had to get it towed to the garage. Garage put the battery on charge (as it was flat). Came in this morning and it started straight away! Again no faults showing.

Still worried now that it will breakdown again, so I am looking to change the fuel pump and sender - I will buy the part and garage will fit it - but cannot find the part number ---Help :oops:

Any help please (or guidance!) :)
Car details as follows:
3C5 246 PASSAT VAR. SPORT
103 KW TDI D6F
BKP
LC9X
BKP285536
Chasis: WVWZZZ3CZ8E171515
1968, Diesel, Automatic Estate

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login