Passat b6 2.0 tdi CBAB Cutting out problem

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

stepper
still on the production line
Passat model: b6

Passat b6 2.0 tdi CBAB Cutting out problem

Post by stepper »

Firstly hi guys and thanks for letting me join, i've not been part of a forum for while now, i was last on the mk4 one with my bora, see below

i thought i'd join as hopefully i'll be able to start doing some bits to my bog standard b6 2.0 tdi estate (black)... but firstly i need to hit you guys up with a problem it's having:

a little while ago it cut out while my wife was driving, it juddered then cut out and rolled to a stop, it just wouldn't start... it was like it was turning over but with no compression. so i presonally thought oil pump or somthing major / shot engine. However after getting it towed and the garage trying to fault find it fired back up (they checked for oil circulation, the hex oil pump drive bolt and checked the oil pickup was clear of poo)

a few weeks past and it cut out on the drive, again it didn't want to start, so i changed the fuel filter, glow plugs and battery... and it fired up!!

so i thought great, thats got it... wrong, the thing cut out at the end of the road again, after a couple of days i was sooo pee'd off with it i just sat there cracking it over and after some lumpy moaning it fired up. it's now running but for god knows how long!

any ideas guys? :((

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login