Airbag Fault Passat SE 56 plate

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Johnny F
Passat model: SE

Airbag Fault Passat SE 56 plate

Post by Johnny F »

I hope I am posting this in the correct section.

I purchased a VW Passat this week. It's quite an old model on a 56 plate. I believe it's an SE type, whatever that means. That's what the receipt tells me although I cannot see the letters SE on the car itself.

When I gave this a test drive earlier int he week I noticed "Airbag fault" in the display and the little yellow airbag lamp remained illuminated. The garage said they were aware of the fault and it would be fixed - in fact the car went away twice to have this problem looked at and I was told that it was simply a poor connection of one or more of cable, either under the seat and possibly also in the steering wheel, but they assured me that it WAS definitely fixed on the day I collected it. They also said they had driven the car 10 miles and that the fault had not reappeared in that time. I somehow doubt they drove it 10 miles, if they drove it at all, however, the garage have an excellent 5 star rating and seemed really helpful.

On starting the engine and leaving it running for a couple of minutes before driving off the forecourt, the problem did indeed appear to have been fixed. Off I drove! This warning re-apppeared before I had driven a few hundred yards.

I am still yet to return the car to the garage but I thought I would post here first. Maybe somebody can advise if this is a common fault and if/how it might be fixed.

Thanks for any pointers.

John

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login