Golf mk 3 tdi...

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bauer
B3
Passat model: b5 afn remapped

Golf mk 3 tdi...

Post by bauer »

Hey guys been away a while,the b5 110 is gone,replaced with an a4 with the lower powered 90 version of the tdi,this has now also been moved on to a rather weird polish chap lol anyway I'm still vw with a minty mk3 golf tdi.......
I collect her this w'kend alls sweet except as usual with me I want a little more oomph,basically I want a similar power output to that of mt passat ie. 140hp/240 ft lb,what's the difference between the afn and the ahu ( think that's what the 90 hp version is called) is it just the turbo? If so will the 110 unit fit straight to my manifold?
My plan is to go with a turbo from an afn as I'm hoping it runs the same as mine cause I've heard the pds run from a different voltage via their ecu,is this BS?
If I can swap em over I'm then thinking of doin the "evey mod" I believe it called....basically splice into the pump loom and fit to a resistor to do a similar job to the hammer mod or a tuning box...
Tbh I wanna do it on the cheap and will settle for 120 horses and around 200 ft lb,should I just get it remapped or go down the turbo change route??
If u google that evey mod I like he idea of having a switch in the car for instant power especially with a nicer garrett sitting underneath.........
What's your views guys,help.....

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login