Audi a4 1.8T quattro sport

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

adamss24
UKPassat's Possie

Audi a4 1.8T quattro sport

Post by adamss24 »

Another little project of mine, it's a V reg/2000 audi a4 1.8T quattro sport, lovely Kingfisher blue avant, fully loaded: double DIN, ESP, white clocks, ABS, cruise, 4x electric windows, and much more. Bought it as a spare or repairs with a slipping clutch, no wheels and missing few interior/exterior trims: door card, sun visors and rear window trims. Was in two minds if to fix or break but i love this color so much i decided to start fixing it. Drove it like that for a while- clutch only slips when i step on it hard- but had to put it on the side due to lack of time. It stood for 6 months or so whilst sorting various minor issues and gathering parts. Got a pair of H&R antiroll bars and solid rs2 drop links, fitted Eibach springs and heavy duty sports shocks, s4 solid front track rod ends, a new pair of front CV joints and few more bits and bobs. I had someone interested in the car at one point and as i needed a few trim pieces- which proved very expensive to buy from dealer- i went out and bought another avant quattro in burgundy but totally standard.

Whilst doing a timing belt change on it i found out that the car has a ko4 turbo, a Forge diverter valve and was chipped- hence the clutch slipping ! Needs better brakes up front- might swap a set of 312mm brakes i have spare from my other a6 quattro and tracking needs sorting. Currently riding on the 17" BBS Largo's but i will put back the wheels from the other quattro as i tend to keep cars original. Contemplating buying another quattro with the optional recaro seats but after bidding £700 on a non runner with a seized engine and being outbid in the last second i wonder if it's worth it !

Car needs a little TLC, i still have a pair of facelift s4 bumpers from my old b5 quattro and i am thinking on throwing in a RNS double DIN stereo and swapping the Bose sound system from my old diesel avant ! Trouble is i loose interest rather quick and need to move to the next project ! Might keep it for a while and then get rid in the summer after i had some fun in it. So far not too keen in the petrol power delivery, don't get me wrong -it shifts- just need thrashing trough the gears a lot more than a diesel if you need to make fast progress.

All issues have been resolved: new oil pump and pick-up, i just fitted a new clutch and i still have a full rs4 rear brake kit and also my old ATE power front brake kit ! I am sure this will look dope dropped on some fat5, which will be available as soon as i sort tyres for the 20" wheels for the a6 ! Here are some pictures, will update with more info as soon as i get more work done to it !

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login