VAG Tacho & VCDS questions

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Paddy2bsure
B3
Passat model: B6 1.9 TDI SE Wa

VAG Tacho & VCDS questions

Post by Paddy2bsure »

Hi Guys
Apologies if this is in the wrong place but...

I bought VAG Tacho 3.01 a couple of years ago, and installed it to get some remote central locking installed on my wife's Polo 9N, and very successful it was too. The laptop it & my VCDS Lite were installed on went bang earlier this year, and as I now have a B6 (since yesterday!) and my nephew has a Fabia, I thought I'd fire both onto a replacement laptop.

So, today I got VCDS Lite installed fine, licence transferred over to the new laptop, perfect. However, VAG Tacho just won't work. I'm using the original disc like last time, also onto an XP 32bit laptop, it's detecting the VAG Tacho when I plug the USB in, I install the driver (it comes up as USB<>ISO), it says 'done', but when I run Vag Tacho it's just saying 'USB device not found'. I downloaded VAG Tacho afresh from Opelinfo, but that one also says 'No interface found'. Has anyone come across this problem, and do you have a solution?

I tried to install it on my son's Windows 7 laptop, identical results.

Lastly, how 'compatible' should I expect VCDS Lite or even VAG Tacho to be with my Passat B6? VCDS seems only to be able to read engine codes on thw B6, every other module times out. I tried it recently on my Dad's 2010 Altea, and it produced similar results. Again, this had full functionality on the Polo 9N.

All help greatly appreciated.
2010 (10) BMW 320d Saloon Efficient Dynamics
2012 (12) Mini Countryman Cooper S 2.0D All4
1983 (A) Porsche 944 2.5

Full VCDS using Ross-Tech Micro CAN-USB in Hertfordshire/North London

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login