Polo 9n1 Mk6 ...Heaters not blowing.

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Sport Wagon
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

Polo 9n1 Mk6 ...Heaters not blowing.

Post by Sport Wagon »

Hello there wondering if anyone can shed any light, or heat even more importantly.

Having a nightmare getting the heater fan working in the 03 Polo SDI I've just acquired my other half.

When I first got the car the bloke said the heater switch was a bit iffy and needed to be pulled out a bit to work.

Turns out you needed to wedge the switch in between 3 and 4 for them to work full pelt. I would have guessed it was the heater ballast resistor under the dash as this makes the fans only work on 4 if I'm correct? So I ordered one from TPS. Although they never worked on 4 it was just in between settings so possibly it is the switch'?

Come to think of it I'm sure the dials either side are a bit iffy as well as one of them doesent turn all thru all the settings? The one for the blower directions, feet etc.

Anyhow a few days ago they just stopped working all together, so Ive just got round to fitting the heater resistor behind the glove box and still absolutely nothing...?

Where next to check? The switch at fault? The fan motor? A relay?

Could I just put a 12v supply to the fan motor to see if that's at fault? ~

I have read about putting a heater in the car over night to dry it out as this can make them work again if the car is damp inside or has been???

Ive already checked the 25 amp fuse and swapped it with a new one just incase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login