A4 Cabrio correction speed detail!

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Rich00p
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: sexy B5.5

A4 Cabrio correction speed detail!

Post by Rich00p »

This A4 belongs to the Mrs of a friend of mine who just happens to be quite handy with a spanner or 2.. so in exchange for a full front axle arm change on my passat I gave the A4 a going over..

The car has been sat for some time, as it had no tax for a while, and as such the owners cat had taken a liking to the roof and left half of its fur all over it..
you can see the holograms all over it..
not as many pics as I'd like as there was not a lot of time..
process was as follows:

full snow foam
roof cleanse and brush off
wash with 2 bucket method
clayed the body and wheels
Wash again
APC'd the door shuts and wheel arches
dried

which got us here
This also revealed he had previously used TFR to clean this car.. bad idea..
Milky stains (oo err) on the brushed chrome, these came out with menz final finish on a finishing pad.

from there I machined out most of the swirls, with only a few deep (cat) scratches remaining.. but as I didn't have a decent compounding head on me I couldnt get these out, plus I'd stupidly forgotten to bring my halogens, so the end results are not really as true as they look!
After the polishing it got a coat of Megs#7 showcar glaze and 2 coats of Colly 476s Wax. Trim was dressed with megs trim detailer and tyres with megs tyre gel.. MMmmm nice

and the badge of honour..

and there you go! was absolutly pooped after that..
However, the owner told me he's been hired to do a cambelt on an RS6, the owner of which has also asked about a 'valet' service.. ;) so watch this space.. woohoo!

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login