Discover nav (std) some MP3 questions

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

homerjh
B1
Passat model: B7 SE Estate

Discover nav (std) some MP3 questions

Post by homerjh »

Just re-ripping my mp3's as tried some 320 CBR in my B7 and they sounded really good, so starting earlier than i was going to. I was using 192 currently and there was a noticeable quality difference, but then again may just be placebo.

As i will have the budget Discover model (;) ) it doesnt play flac (well mp4, which also is used for films) so ripping at 320 CBR on windows media then cleaning up the tags with mp3tag and embedding the cover into each MP3. I was looking at WAV for the quality but the size difference (170Mb vs 650mb) was too large and wanted tags for easier ID.

So a few questions :

1 - Does the std discover display cover images and is this embedded ones? i know the pro has the jukebox feature but that is just internal storage over using an SD card.
2 - What is the mp3 navigation like, is it per folder or by tag? on my b7 it uses folders and you had to scroll through, displaying 2 at a time.
3 - does the 'random' function work properly? as on my B7 (dont know the radio number, but has bluetooth/dab and ipod/usb inputs) with USB it only plays randomly for a small number of folders on the mp3, so may only randomly play 'all' to up to folders beginning with E and no further.
4 - What SD cards are you all using? i am anticipating 32Gb minimum, likely 64Gb as the price difference is minimal and this should cover all my needs as over 300 albums

ta
Last edited by homerjh on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 B7 SE 140 Estate, Island Grey, F&R parking sensors and Rear tinted windows and 3rd party towbar that is from a B6 that sticks out 1/2 mile....

Coming soon.... 2015 B8 GT150 Estate Indium Grey/Black interior, Swiveling Towbar, Rear parking camera, LED headlights, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Confidence soundpack and Genuine VW Boot mat for the trips to the Garden Centre...

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login