Orange EPC warning light help.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Percy247
B1
Passat model: B8

Orange EPC warning light help.

Post by Percy247 »

I have a 67 plate 2.0 TDI (150) manual saloon which has been driven very little in the last fortnight.

I had to use the car this morning and it started fine. About 7 miles into the journey the power delivery became very uneven and jerky. The car seemed to randomly lose power then suddenly pick up. After a few minutes an orange EPC warning light came on and car then drove smoothly albeit with reduced power. I continued on another 7 miles to my destination.

About 15 minutes later, I started the car and it died instantly. Tried to restart and the starter motor wouldn't turn over and low battery warning light came on.

I then called out a breakdown service (non VW) and explained things to the driver when he arrived. He put a power pack on the car and started it after about 5 minutes. Initially, it idled roughly but after unplugging the MAFF sensor it idled smoothly. He reattached the MAFF sensor after about 5 minutes and it continued to idle smoothly. I went on my way after that. Guys OBD code reader just kept crashing so no fault codes to help.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas what the problem might be? Is likely that low voltage in battery caused the MAFF sensor to play up which caused the throttle issues?

The car is still in warranty and due a service in early June and I don't think it will get driven much before then. I have just ordered an OBDeleven dongle so I will plug than in and scan for codes when it arrives.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login