Wow, Wow. WOW

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

water01
Site Admin
Passat model: B8 R-Line 2.0TDi

Wow, Wow. WOW

Post by water01 »

As some of you may know I recently bought an R-Line Passat from CarBase https://www.carbase.co.uk/.

After driving down the motorway I was experiencing a judder when braking and that turned out to be warped front discs. CarBase changed those under warranty absolutely no problem.

Since I had a 3 month warranty I wanted to make sure everything else was OK and had it checked out by the VW Master Tech who looked after my B5.5. He found that it had a fault that suggested the ECU needed a software update, so back to CarBase and they told me to check it into Heritage VW West-Super-Mare to get it done.

This was carried out yesterday and it turned out to be faulty chip in the ECU and needed a new ECU. At £1300 this was expensive and it is a back order part. I was expecting a battle to get this done on Warranty!!

Not a bit of it. I phoned up this morning and they have already authorised the repair at Heritage (Parts and Labour!!) and all I have to do is book it in when the part arrives.

Now the price I paid for 3.5 year old car was very good in the first place but I will have had nearly £2,000 worth of work done on the warranty with no quibble whatsoever.

If you are buying a second hand car in the Bristol/Somerset area I have to recommend CarBase. I cannot fault them, they were excellent throughout the buying process and their after sales service is nothing but exemplary!!
David Jordan

Nov 2016 2.0 TDI SCR 190 R Line Estate Indium Grey Metallic

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login