2020(B8.5) 2.0Tdi (150bhp) Sludge on Dipstick

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

gerardtlc
Passat model: B8.5

2020(B8.5) 2.0Tdi (150bhp) Sludge on Dipstick

Post by gerardtlc »

Hi

I purchased my car new in 2020 (B8.5) and after around 600 miles I noted grey sludge around the dipstick. No mayonnaise/sludge under the filler cap though. I'm at an age where I remember this problem was usually aligned with head gasket issues with water and oil mixing but apparently not in this case. I brought it in to the dealer and was told they had a TPI bulletin about it and that its due to temperature changes and condensation coming from the engine. They wouldn't give me a copy of the bulletin as that wasn't practice but I reluctantly accepted the reasoning (I replied via an email to reference the information and keep a copy about the discussion on the TPI as it was verbally discussed, they in return took a video of the car and oil they removed for reference). The car now has around 37000 miles on it and its warranty period is nearly up but I don't know whether to extend warranty or change the vehicle. Car has been serviced on time with an independent (I trust him) with all VW parts and correct oil (0w20) and registered online. Car continues to have this issue with sludge, anyone else have a similar issues, hear of this with the newer 2020 Tdi or have problem with their engines because of this. (Pic attached shows sludge which seems to be in tube) Just to add car is mainly driven on motorway and longer journeys rather than start/stop shorter intervals so would get time to warm up, regen, and also cool down (Again we let the car and turbo cool after we drive them) In short its well looked after.

Thanks in Advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login