FYI - REAR PADS AFTER 2019 - NAUGHTY VW

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

roadwarrior
B1
Passat model: b8

FYI - REAR PADS AFTER 2019 - NAUGHTY VW

Post by roadwarrior »

I haver been trying to get my rear discs replaced and after finding a place that can install some Brembos it was discovered that post 2019 non VW dealers and garages ect are coded out and cant open the electric brake pads, this was discovered by my local brembo garage who found he couldnt open them with his software. so i was forced to ring up my local stealer and get a price - over 400 quid to fit factory disks and pads - i asked about brembo and was told they would be slightly cheaper ... x_x blinks

When i was able to breath again i got out my 2 diags - my latest gadget is an Icarsoft eu Pro as it does my passats and my sprinter - lo and behold in the service section i found i could open them and close them - having demonstrated this to my brembo garage i noted he was rather pee'd that "his pro software costing 1000's" was unable yet my "cheap diag" could do it ( a more reasonable 179 quid) ( I allowed him that as he was clearly miffed) and so this is relevent to any 2019 onwards VW - good to know eh.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login