Going to view a car tomorrow...

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Jimmy Filth
B2
Passat model: B5 2.8 V6 Syncro

Going to view a car tomorrow...

Post by Jimmy Filth »

I'm actually looking at three golf's... I know, I know, they're not Passats.....

I'm arguing with the insurance company over price, but need a car to drive until it's all sorted, thought i'd get a mk3 Golf in the interim until the money is paid out and I can afford something more permanent.

First is a 1996 8v GTi with 130,000 on the clock. Full year MOT. It's dragon green with a black cloth interior. Looks pretty tidy and is up for £999. Reckon I'll be able to get the guy down a bit...

Second is a 1997 8v GTi with 143,000 miles on the clock. Only got a couple of months MOT and it is in a non metallic blue colour. Plus side is that it has a full leather interior with heated seats... £995

Third and final is a 1996 16v GTi with 150,000 on the clock. It is in a pearlescent blue (don't know the colour name) and a black cloth interior with a full year MOT and about 5 months tax. It's up for £999 and is apparently in 'excellent condition inside and out'.

Obviously the first choice is the 16v, but just want to know if anyone can give advice on the prices...

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login