Mr Muscling Turbo done

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

deacon
B6
Passat model: B5.5

Mr Muscling Turbo done

Post by deacon »

I Mr muscled my Turbo today, took a couple of hours for soak time, I also cleaned the EGR.
The Turbo was easy just a case of removing EGR pipe & spraying the oven cleaner into the turbo. I used some 3mm clear tubing & pushed onto the bare valve, ensure you buy oven cleaner where the valve sticks out of the can when you take the head off.
Push the tubing into the turbo housing about 6-8 inches & spray until it come out of hole.
Give the vnt actuator a pull up & down every 10 mins, I found a flat blade screwdriver helped cos space is limited, it freed up quite a lot after an hour.
I left it for 2 hours whilst waiting I removed the EGR & give that a good clean out, The poo inside was well caked on, I spent a while scraping it & wire brushing it, I also used some wire wool.

Once all clean I re assembled & fired her up, the change was immediately noticable, took here for a spin, the top end boost problem has gone & it seems perkier.

£2.50 well spent & recommended
B5.5
TDI
Higline

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login