What's your view towards raising the speed limit to 80 Mph

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

adamss24
UKPassat's Possie

What's your view towards raising the speed limit to 80 Mph

Post by adamss24 »

Just had a NIP for doing 84Mph on motorway last sunday, was on my way back to London from Portsmouth after i picked up a set of winter rims. What pi*ses me off is that i took the 1.9Tdi FWD to save a few quid on fuel, i was not speeding in that respect, when i passed the camera van i did not even glanced at the speedo as i had the cruise control on ! To say i am pee'd off it's an understatement, how dangerous is doing 80Mph at 9am on a sunday morning when the motorway is not busy ?
If i had the a6 probably i would be banned by now ! Thing is i don't drive like a lunatic, all you hear is what happens when you try to stop from 100Mph and how much damage you can sustain from crashing at 70Mph, thing is there's not much difference, we are not driving fiesta's or corsa's here but german, premium motors who can stop quicker from 100Mph to 0 than a fiesta from 60 Mph to 0 !
Truth is all these speed camera partnerships are really cashing on the motorists, i don't tailgate at 50 Mph and i'm sure i keep the distance from car in front when driving at 100Mph + ? I so hate this system, all they do is work on statistics...

This topic has 28 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login