clutch and flywheel options for 200bhp?

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

passartist
B6
Passat model: b5.5 4motion est

clutch and flywheel options for 200bhp?

Post by passartist »

I'm looking at my options for around the 200bhp level. My main concern is the clutch which I have felt the odd judder from. Nothing serious but I am still stock so it will come.

I was looking to go with a bv43, so I had a thought of a clutch and flywheel from the same later engine. If the flywheel and clutch is designed for 170 then 200 isn't such a leap and should last well.

Should I look for the longevity of a SMF? What are the downsides? I have read of extra vibration lunching out on the transmission?

What about the gearbox at that level of tune? Will it stand or is a rebuild on the cards?

Thing is I have a solid standard car atm, I'd like to see it much more lively but I do have to be practical too!

Asking for both sides of the coin please! Sorry if it the most repeated question ever, I have found a few threads similar but they seem more preoccupied with what turbo and injectors. The bv43 and my 130 injectors will be fine. What will happen to the transmission is my main concern, so flywheel options, clutch and gearbox info please.

Thanks as always,

Phil

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login