Two more Passat into the family

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Weble
B2
Passat model: B5.5 SE TDI

Two more Passat into the family

Post by Weble »

Our Passat family is growing! Always been a family with VW's in it, my bro had a few old Polo's, had a B4 Passat for some years. My sister had a 2002 Golf GT TDI since it was 18 months old.

So then I got my 2001, my first VW. Loved it, a few issues but we're getting on ok at the moment!

Then my sister replaced her Golf with a CC:

My nephew keeps getting tempted with 1.8 Turbo's, although for now is happy with a 2000 Golf GTI as a replacement for his poorly Bora 1.6.

Then some of you may remember i posted a while back asking a few questions about petrol variants for the inlaws, who needed a run around. The mother-in-law is quite short, so struggles with most cars to reach the pedals, and still see well! She tried mine and found it ok to drive, so I've been on and off looking for a car for about 3 months. A petrol would have been fine as they're cheaper to buy and their yearly mileage meant the fuel bill wouldn't have been too drastic!

So anyway, today we put a deposit down on this:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Yep, it's a diesel, but it was in fantastic condition, and the price was right after some bartering. Mileage put them off a bit but i tried to explain, with a low budget, and the age of cars we were looking at mileage don't really matter. After looking a very many sheds with lower miles they decided to go for this. It is in better condition than mine at 110k miles. Drives better, no knocks, bangs, smoke just an all round nice car. It has an ebay tuning chip i gotta bin off, and they want the cambelt doing right away as caution. Also that reversing camera is dead so i'm taking that monstrosity off. Also yes its been lowered, but isn't too drastic. B-)
2001 Passat B5.5 TDI-130 SE

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login