Gary's top tip for October 2008...

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gary
B7
Passat model: B5 110TDISE Auto

Gary's top tip for October 2008...

Post by Gary »

DON'T HAVE KIDS :roll: :|

This little gem arrived today at some point:

It wasn't there when I cycled to work this morning. The car is backed against a garage on my drive. It has not moved.

When my son (he's 15) came home I asked him if he knew anything about it. He was apparently 'not aware' that anything had happened.

So we went and looked at the car. We agreed it could not have been done by a plastic wheelie bin, but would have been something with a hard edge.

We spoke about the traffic going past the back of my car and agreed it was probably only me, him, his Mum and sister.

We thought about the height and agreed it was waist, possibly handlebar height and that only two of us cycle. At this point a 15 year old will still not be volunteering feedback.

And so we looked at our bikes. My bike is a good 6" too high at the handlebars, so we took a peek at Daniel's.

And at 6 o'clock on the end of the handlebar.....

Futura Yellow! :(

And all of a sudden Daniel remembers coming home from School and coming between the Passat and my neighbours car 'too fast' and 'crashing'. But his brake lever 'only' caught on my neighbours door mirror and he can only recollect 'leaning' against the Passat. Bless his little cotton socks.

Not down to the metal, but you can feel it all the way along and you can feel the depth with your finger nail, so I presume it's off to the paint shop. Chips away couldn't help with the other side a couple of years ago and that was less damage than we have here :cry:

Hey-di-ho.

Gaz

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login