Bluetooth, loom, mic for RCD 510

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Steve B
B1
Passat model: B6 Estate TDI

Bluetooth, loom, mic for RCD 510

Post by Steve B »

I've recently been driving a hire car with all the built in features (a BMW) and it just pointed out to me how much better it is to have a screen and the built in kit, plus it had DAB which i used quite a bit, So I decided to invest in a DAB RCD510 to replace my none DAB none phone chinese 510 in my passat estate B6 SE.

anyway, I got one from ebay that looks to be a 2010 model, and I got an aftermarket DAB aerial to try.

So the next step is to get hold of the bluetooth module, loom and microphone for my passat.

Ive done some googling but there are so many conflicting reports that i don't really know where to start. I don't use and probably won't ever use an iPhone, mainly android, I'm not bothered about music streaming, but it would be nice to get the phone book on screen. I want to pay second hand prices if possible as in i'm not going to buy it from the dealer. I would like voice dialing, not fussed about text messages.

can anyone give me some links, part numbers or advice on where to start. Ive seen some cheaper modules from china but I assume they are cheap for a reason.

Thanks

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login