RNS firmware update

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Jimbobson
B1
Passat model: Cc

RNS firmware update

Post by Jimbobson »

Need a bit of help from a resident rns510 expert.

So far as I am aware my unit has been untouched since leaving the factory. Its in my 58 plate cc. I have just bought and uploaded new maps (version 11) which is fine but I hoped it would give me full postcode search and I find it doesn't. Reading around I see I will need to update the unit's firmware which frankly fills me with dread! :0

Have read stories of people bricking units going to the wrong firmware, battery drain, canbus upgrades etc which are all well beyond my know-how. I've tried holding down the set up button to get details of the unit version I have but this just brings up an fm/am/dab screen.

This has probably been done before but I am really after a step by step idiot guide to:

1. Finding out my unit type/current firmware level given my secret menu doesnt seem to be accessible
2. What firmware I need to install for full postcode search and whether I need to go through any intermediate steps of firmware upgrade first
3. Steps I need to take to avoid any troubles of the types I have seen listed on various websites.

Thank you very much in advance.

This topic has 63 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login