SAT NAV HELP PLEASE for a RNS510 DAB

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Notajag
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 Estate

SAT NAV HELP PLEASE for a RNS510 DAB

Post by Notajag »

Currently using a TomTom, but I'm keen to step up and tidy the dashboard. !!OUCH!! It's gonna cost me I know but worse still if I spend a shed load of cash and it don't work out :sad:
My model is a highline fitted RCD510 , MDI in the glovebox and optical parking sensors, phone control on S/W and white MFD
I've done loads of research and settled on a RNS510 DAB, searching... there's the second hand market with its pitfalls so going for a new one.
I've read all the threads I can find outside UKPASSATS and since joining this weekend checked them as well.
There's a few knowledgable members with first hand experience I'm hoping can help

What price a new RNS510 DAB with SSD or not ??? Mann Egerton Exeter want £2300 just for the head unit [-x

Definately wouldn't do the install myself so found an installer In Poole Dorset who'd come to me and install the RNS for £1400, have to add £270 for the VW Bluetooth. Anyone got a recommended installer ??

What firmware/maps should I expect ?

Onward maintainance, what cost ? currently TomTom dip into my wallet for about £45 a year for maps then you've got the speed cameras, never dared go for any of the copied stuff

Lastly, yes it'll tidy the dashboard up and the phone will work as it should (from the steering wheel/voice), what's the overall experience with the unit ? Anyone got any feedback as to how it is to live with ?
The outgoing RCD unit will sold to help out.

I big thanks for anyone helping out here :ymapplause:

Michael

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login