Intake upgrades.

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

desertstorm
Site Admin
Passat model: B5.5 130 TDI AWX

Intake upgrades.

Post by desertstorm »

Looking at ETKA the other day for some information and noticed that on the 5,6 and 8 cylinder cars there is an air duct fitted to the back of the grille to feed high pressure air to the air intake.
Also on the bigger engined cars there are holes cut out in the grille to allow air in unobstructed. I had already modified my grill with a drill. This cheap mod catches more air and diverts it to the intake.
Part required is an air duct part number 3B0853562 and cost me £2.66 from the main dealers. That was with out any discount but I wasn't going to complain at that :D .
It looks like this

And just clips to the back of the existing factory grille.

It then acts to deflect high pressure air upto the air intake. This would have a minmal impact on engine cooling.

And refitted. Must be worth at least 0.5bhp at 120mph :D . VW don't fit these things for no reason at all so somebody somewhere must have decided it was worth it. And at £2.66 and 10 minutes work it's not a lot of effort.

Karl.
Gone but will never be forgotten
207Bhp 347Lb/ft 14.9 seconds 93mph
The build topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56110

The new 382bhp Audi viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70765

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login