V68 temp control flap motor location/replacing

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mini_dub
Car of the Year 2012
Passat model: B5.5 est

V68 temp control flap motor location/replacing

Post by mini_dub »

I have finally chnaged my v68 motor and now have a fully working heater again wasdoesnt just want to cook me

I struggled to find anything on the web to find out where the v68 is located, i had come to the conclusion that the dash was coming out to find and change it!

First you need to remove the glove box; there are numerous torx screws inside and round the bottom of the box
Jimmy out the passenger airbag switch off and unplug
Then if you get your head right in the passenger foot well and look across to the drivers side over the tunnel you will see the v68 it has a red plug and arm!
This is held on by 3 6mm self tapping bolts
Undo these (buy a rachet 8mm spanner to save alot of time) it took me about 45minutes to undo these as is very tight as the footwell heater ducts are right below the v68
Once undo rotate the motor 90 and it should fall off the arm
Replace with new motor and set the climate control into max heat setting to move the arm clear of the fixings
(plug in airbag switch before turning ing on)

Difficulty: 5/10
Swear factor: 10/10
Knuckle damage: 2/10
Back damage: 10/10
Rewarding 3/10 (but now alot cooler inside
Last edited by mini_dub on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{()()]==AIR Car of the month October 2010, March 2012. Car of the year 2012 Image
My Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19734
my mk4 polo: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=48182&p=372666#p372666

instagram: @mini_dub

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login