egr clean and homemade delete

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

bigginge
B4
Passat model: b5.5

egr clean and homemade delete

Post by bigginge »

ght folks decided to clean my egr out at 130k and im glad i did was gopping so cleaned it and also noticed the vaccume that operates the butterfly valve was cracked and barley attached to the egr so i decided to remove and in process basically a homemade egr delete

first i removed the engine cove and was greeted with this.

remove the 2 top bolts (allen key 12mm) and one at the bottom, u can remove the egr cooler pipe before removing the 3rd one i didnt i just use a long allen key

then these 2 allen key bolts i forget the size, dont forget the metal gasket
then the egr will just pull off.

this is what greeted

so i soaked all related parts in what i have found to be the best solution,
1 ltr of petrol to 1 ltr of autobrite snow foam to 500ml of oven cleaner (sounds weird but works a treat)
only 10 mins of scrubbing with a screw driver and wire wool left this

now this is where i noticed the plastic vaccume was cracked and mount damaged that would explain y ive had such poo mpg and throttle response

so i removed this buy undering the 2 x torx 20 bolds

once removed i drilled a 4mm hole in this flap and into the egr valve here

and i used quick steal or E metal to basically weld the egr fully open, then refit in reverse, the vaccume line that goes to the black plasstic diaphram i used a large rivet to block this off (i pushed in then used rivet plyers to expand thus sealinng the pipe.
now depending on wether u have a post 2004 model or not depends wether u have a emmisions workshop message the same as a normall egr delete. Now the top vaccume line that goes to the metal diaphram u can either connect back up as this will stop the emmissions workshop warning on post 2003 if pre 2003 then use a bolt to block off. i believe m6.

thoughts and comments please

SENT USING INDIAN SMOKE SIGNALS

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login