Dual Rear fog lights on B5.5 Estate

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

Roony02
B3
Passat model: B5.5

Dual Rear fog lights on B5.5 Estate

Post by Roony02 »

Hi all,

I decided I wasn't satisfied with just having a rear fog light on the drivers side and having checked the wiring and bulbs quickly realised this could be a quick mod....and it was!!!
So I thought I'd do a quick how to, this may work for the saloon as well but I cant confirm that.

First of all you will need:

1 of these
Part no 000 979 133E

1 of these

1 of these

and some 5amp cable, 2 meters is plenty

I cut my repair wire in half (so I now have a spare), pull out the connector in the back of the light cluster on the passenger side. You will notice an empty slot next to the earth (brown) wire. Simply slide the metal clip down the connector block and it will "click" into place.

I then connected the end to the 2mtr 5amp cable using a blue butt connector

Now run the cable across the boot, I tucked it up under the spare wheel recess, poke it through to the back of your drivers light cluster.
Remove the connector and locate the wire next to the brown wire again, should be white and grey. Now use the scotch block and connect in line like this:

Now turn on your lights n fogs and it should look something like this

Time for a cuppa :D :D :D :D :D
Creating a monster.......

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login