3 spoke steering wheel refurb for £3.20

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bigginge
B4
Passat model: b5.5

3 spoke steering wheel refurb for £3.20

Post by bigginge »

right as some might no i needed to replace the wheel in my golf "3 spoke leather sport" and we also all no these wear like a bitch and as good as they can look they can also reuin your interior and feel like your holding a bag of aids so the choices are
A) buy a new one - not bad as there about 50 notes
B) pay it to be refurbed but iss more expensive then buying one second hand
which leaves
C) do it your self...so i did

now this is what i started with

as you can see propper trashed, so i got to thinking i used to be abled to bull boots to a paint finish and use instant shine to repair scuffs so i thought the wheels nakard so whats to loose so off to asda i went.

first i used these a scourer and a microfibre cloth

i used the scouring pad lightly sand the surface i.e. make it smooth then used water and a microfibre to polish it to withen an inch of its life then i used this

£3.20 @ asda

now this will take ages well 4 hours to be precised build up the layers and paint on,
leaving 30 mins to dry in-between layers, be brave and also coat the air bag

once done and dry polish with a microfiber cloth then use a all in one leather cleaner and conditioner and apply leave to soak for ten mins then polish in and be liberal in application,

mid way through

finished

now its not perfect but it now looks good and it feels nice again and for £3.20 i challenge for a better job lol

thanks for reading

SENT USING INDIAN SMOKE SIGNALS

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login