Fit Car Park Ticket Clip on B6

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BenKentzer
B1
Passat model: B6 RLine TDI Est

Fit Car Park Ticket Clip on B6

Post by BenKentzer »

Simplest, cheapest upgrade to a B6 Passat. You'll never know how you managed without it!

Credit to the part numbers to Jarek's build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32560&hilit=ticket&start=459

Thought I'd put together the photos when I fitted mine - I also had an Octavia with one of these on which I've missed ever since!

You will need:

T-20 Torx screwdriver (same size as used for stereo removal, glove box removal etc)
Plastic insert N10 516 801
Screw N10 442 003
Clip 3c0 867 159

1. Remove the plastic “Airbag” trim cover

2. Using a star screwdriver undo the torx screw behind the airbag cover. This will remain captive in the trim panel, and saves losing it!

3. There are 2 further fixings holding the a-pillar trim to the car, at about 1/3 and 2/3 of the way down. A firm pull releases these.

4. Pull the trim upwards to free it from the dash.

5. Put the plastic insert into the square hole
Before:
After:

6. Using the screw, attach the clip. It’s the same size star screw as the one behind the airbag

7. Once the screw is tight, the clip will still move about a bit. The trim seems to hold it in place once replaced.

8. Refit of the trim is (as they say) the reverse of the removal. Just make sure that you get the trim tucked behind the door seal before you screw it all back in.

The finished article:
Current:
Passat R Line 2.0 CR TDI Estate ('59) (On it's way to someone else...)
Previous:
Touran SE 1.9 TDI ('58) - bag of old rubbish
Touran Sport 2.0 PD TDI ('04) - porous head
Octavia vRS 1.8T Estate ('53) - insurance too expensive
Golf GT TDI 130 ('53) - cloned
Passat Sport TDI Saloon ('03) - should never have sold it!

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login