Easy hidden wiring install of dash cam..

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Easy hidden wiring install of dash cam..

Post by BIG F@ TW@ »

2004 B5.5

Fitted my dash cam yesterday and found an easy wiring solution for hiding the wiring.

This technique will switch the camera on when ignition on, and will go off when ignition turned off, so not suitable if the camera has parking watch etc.

Please bear in mind that I've not soldered, the connections are secure and safe and are in a non vibration area.

Remove light from in front of mirror (2 screws behind lens cover) angle gentle prising along short side.

Unscrew small sunvisor.

Splice black cable to brown lead on plug as shown, and red cable to black lead on smaller plug as shown. I used cable splice clips, and crimped spades onto camera power feed. Then protected with insulating tape.

Feed power cable through hole in headliner for light and between windscreen rubber and headliner.

Re-attach interior light, and attach power lead to dash cam.

Job done.

Check the voltage supply of the power lead is correct for the camera, my lead cost about £3 off eBay.

Like this one, just ensure the power voltages etc match your camera:
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201539366466

Spade wire splices:
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281823796775

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my phone to your screen with the power of elastictrickery.

Last edited by BIG F@ TW@ on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login