Replacing Wing Mirror Indicators with LED Dynamic Flow

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Replacing Wing Mirror Indicators with LED Dynamic Flow

Post by BIG F@ TW@ »

I thought I'd take a gamble on some dynamic flow led indicators from AliExpress. Got them delivered for about $20. Very happy with quality, came complete with spudger and small torx head screwdriver (not required)

Outer casing lifts straight up (ensure the mirror is flat in the housing so it doesn't catch along bottom edge when lifting)

Remove black plastic inner trim, it pulls forwards and has two simple push fit clips along top edge, lower edge has simple slide lockers.

Pull mirror forwards and off, unplug heater element.

Undo two lower screws holding indicator and mount to metal wing mirror frame.

Undo two screws holding indicator light to mount.

Unplug wire plug to indicator (Might require a good wiggle with pliers due to corrosion)

At this point I found the plug was too loose when fitted to the new terminals as they were thinner than the originals. So I removed the terminals from the plastic plug and squeezed them together to make them tighter, then refitted them into the plastic plug. Worked a treat.

Simple reversal of the procedure to put back together.

They look nice and stealthy when not lit.

Here's a link to a video of how they look when flashing.

https://youtu.be/xYfuGPzo_2M[IMG]https: ... 9c5099.jpg[/IMG]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Last edited by BIG F@ TW@ on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login