Newbie from East Anglia

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

skip
Passat model: B5.5 Sport TDi

Newbie from East Anglia

Post by skip »

Morning everyone,

I didn't want to put Norfolk in the title so as to try and avoid some mickey taking :p :D

Just acquired myself a Passat after a few years away from VAG group cars - they served me well in the past so hopefully I will have the same luck with the Passat :) Last car was a Honda Accord Type-R that suffered oil pump failure TWICE to the point where I have had enough of it so started looking for something German. Got a young family so decided a Passat would be a good choice. A bit of reading had me decide that a Sport TDi would be a good choice so with a low budget of only £2-2500 the search began. The car I eventually bought was advertised on eBay in Selby, North Yorks - 165 miles away! But for a 2 owner car with a FSH and recent cambelt and only 106k on the clock I thought it was worth the trip. The seller took loads of pictures of it and was very honest with the condition - which I have to say - is great :)

Couple of little things that need attention - very small rust blister on the front wheelarch lip, tyres are all quite low and the temperature gauge has been playing up - but thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this forum I discovered its likely to be just the sensor. The interior is in mint condition, the A/C ice cold and overall I just love it :-bd

Not going to be modding it in any way - just enjoying it for what it is and tidying up the few little bits it needs. Not a prolific internet forum poster but will be hanging around as it seems a nice place to be B-)

Some pics...

The Passat....

Some previous VAGs I have owned - nothing special but I am sure we all like pictures :mrgreen:

Mk1 Golf diesel (for college) and the Mk1 GTi I put back on the road (circa 2000/2001)

Mk2 GTi (circa 1998)

Audi 80 Sport (circa 2002)

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login