newbie 1st passat

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vags4me
B1
Passat model: b5.5

newbie 1st passat

Post by vags4me »

hi im johnny just bought a 2003 reg passat estate from looking on here i believe its a 5.5 is this correct ?

i,ll be working on getting her cleaned up a bit and looking pretty damn fit this winter she needs a bit of tidying around the body but thats already sorted with a mate ive also got a couple of slight problems the airbag light is on and the drivers seat slider does,nt lock lol i had to wedge some cardboard in there to drive it home i have a feeling the seats have been swapped back to std poss from leather or airbag seats theres a couple of elec connectors under the seat that are,nt plugged in bt i,ll have to take a closer look in the morning i would also like to put a leather interior in her what interiors fit this estate model ?? is it possible to fit later estate model seats or any other vag seats i like a nice recaro seat as well and also the sevice light is on but she desperatly needs a good service which she,ll be getting and the once over this week as i think she,s overdue
and lastly she has some 17" bbs wheels with 7x twin spokes not sure on the model and i reckon about 8j it sound like when turning right the tyres catching in the arch like a lil fluttering sound im sure she,s on std suspension
as its a 50 profile tyre and theres about an inch arch gap at the top of the tyre
gonna be looking for some new rims this week as well so specs and tyre spec combinations/suggetstions would come in handy
any chance someone could advise and any points to look out for would be mucho appreciated

she drives quite well and seems full of life when accelerating oh and btw she,s a 1.9tdi 6 speed i was quietly impressed

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login