Should have posted in here earlier, hello!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

Horney
B1

Should have posted in here earlier, hello!

Post by Horney »

Hi Folks,

Thought I better introduce myself having found myself posting a few bits and bobs on here.

My names Nick and I'm a 30 year old Bloke (thought I better clear that up, username normally means I get mistaken for a girl!) and I live in Basingstoke in Hampshire with Mrs Horney, 2 cats, 1 tortoise and 9 fish! Currently don't have a daily dub as I just sold my MKII Golf Gti to buy a B3!

Curent dub:

This is my 89 T3 panel van. Bought a couple of years a go as a bog standard empty van and have since built bodged a camping interior in it. It's used mostly for Dub shows and the occasional surf trip to the North Cornish coast. It's maiden voyage was me and Mrs Horney's honeymoon when we took it for a 2 week tour of the west country. It's a 1.9 flat four and is thirsty as hell, a bit rusty and generally a complete money pit. I love it! Should be undergoing a refresh this year with new paint (Blue bottom, white top) and some more work on the interior. Paint will be done by me with a roller (I can hear your gasps from here but it's all good, you'll see!).

So PAssats! Been into Golf's for years as well as having had 10+ minis but have found recently that golfs are all too common and don't really stand out much (Humm I must be a show off!). A mate has a slammed B3 as a daily and then recently another mate bought that black G60 Syncro B3. Not been able to get them out of my head since. I'm hopefully picking up a white 2.0 16v H plate on next friday. It's got 121K on the clock and looks tidy apart from the interior. Plans are some cheap coilovers and paint the steels white to start with and then hopefully some nice rims later on. I'm on a super small budget as the van eats loads of cash and I'm also a keen photographer which costs a bomb as a hobby!

Heres the passat I'm hoping to get:

So there we go, sorry for waffling on. Hopefully bump into some of you guys at the Pod on saturday where I'll be absorbing all things passat!

Nick

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login