Newbie, B5.5 1.9 tdi 130 6 gears Sport estate

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.9 AVF Sport

Newbie, B5.5 1.9 tdi 130 6 gears Sport estate

Post by Gazwould »

Picked up at the weekend, it has the slightly higher torque AVF engine, and FRK 6 speed gearbox/ 240 mm clutch.

Having a look 'round here Im shocked to see its only the Sports that have the AVF and 6 speed FRK box. I presumed that late 2002 onwards all 130s inc Highline would have this combo.

Unique to the Sport also is its 1BE suspension which have 29mm solid ARBs,instead of holllow, now this car feels like a barge to me and a million miles away from the old boys firmly sprung B6 2.0 TDI Sport saloon. I suspect the spring and damper rates are too soft to show up any benefits of the solid ARBs.

Id be interested in how the spring/damper rates differ from the Sport to other 130s and any other noteable differences.

Whats the peoples value for money choice on uprated suspension ? I dont intend to tow a caravan or track, lol.

What must do mods ? Im confussed about the EGR. A remap can be 165 to 180 bhp.

But at any level I dont think the clutch will hold out, think its slipping mid to high revs.

DMF to single mass ? So definative info on remapped 130 bhp AVF engine, 6 speed FRK gearbox 240mm clutch choice is required.

Many thanks.

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon

I'd give her some 'trivago'

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login