Back after a sabbatical!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Matt_S
B5
Passat model: B5

Back after a sabbatical!

Post by Matt_S »

Hi guys,

I'm back in a Passat!

I've bought my mums old car.

(Pics to follow)

I thought (as did she) that it was a Tdi 130. However, when I went to insure it, I was informed that it is actually a 100! I checked the log book and sure enough, it's. 73Kw model. :(

So the plan was to boost it and then drop it and some 18s (as the tyres need replacing very soon) and use it.

But now I'm not sure. I really wanted something with 150bhp so it can get down the road a little bit. (And obviously lowering it would enable it to go round bends a bit too!

It needs a couple of bits doing. I've already had the bodywork sorted after the step dad somehow managed to *no swearing* it up with touch up paint. And then it needs a new gear lever gait or as that's worn. I did try to replace this previously for them but to little avail. Any ideas? Oh and it needs cruise control too, so that's on the list and from what I can tell, it's a relatively cheap retro fit (plus the VAGCOM enabling).

You'll no doubt see me loitering a little more now.

:)
Matt

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login