Urgent! Passat Estate Help!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mrsmonkey

Urgent! Passat Estate Help!

Post by mrsmonkey »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum having stumbled accross it by accident trying to find the answer to my dilemma!

We've had a VW Passat 1.8 sport and loved it only for some whacko to shunt up the rear and write it off this week!!

I'm expecting a baby in 9 weeks so need new wheels for me and the hubby a.s.ap. (we were looking at a new car but this accident has kind of made it an urgent priority)

Problem is we have a 1 year old and a 2 year old so we'll need 3 car seats. Having looked at the MPV options (yuk) we've decided we'd be better off going for a VW Passat Estate (old shape) as they're cheaper and as I said - we love 'em!

We've tried the local dealership who told us they didn't know and to bring our car seats down to the showroom to try. Our Mamas and Papas Pro tec will fit in - but if you times by three (to allow for growth of the little uns over the next 2/3 years of ownership) they are not compatible. But maybe some seats are?

I cannot find anywhere that tells us if you can fit 3 car seats in the back of one! I'd rather buy car seats to fit the car than a car to fit our car seats but no point buying the car if it's not possible at all!

I've got RSI from scouring the internet for so long looking for the answer - and thought - AAAHHH - a Passat enthusiast site! Fab one too!

Can anyone save our skins - or do we have to lower ourselves to a Zafira.......

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login