07 B6 Passat SE 2.0l FSI Questions.

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

markkernaghan66
still on the production line

07 B6 Passat SE 2.0l FSI Questions.

Post by markkernaghan66 »

Hi all, first post here, hope it's not too far off the right place.

Came to get lucky by a legit 9500 mile B6 petrol for £3000, full service history (old dude serviced it every 400 miles or something stupid)Was this a good deal?

Theres a fair amount of surface scratches on the grey paint, couple rust spots that the dealer has painted over (assuming hammerite, i should probs get those sorted for sure) and scratches in the windscreen (assuming due to a cat or grit behind the wiper). But the engine seems solid as ever, gearbox and clutch feel smooth. Any advice/direction towards fixing these myself would be appreciated.
Got the rear windows tinted for privacy purposes.

I got some questions.
1. How rare is the 2.0l FSI passat? As all i can see are diesels. Will this cause problems with parts?

2.Would it be possible, or worth it to install a turbo? It has 150ps with 200nm of torque now, and a turbo would be pretty awesome.

3.How could I install front fog lights whilst using the same switch that's there for the current lights?

4.Are there any exhausts that can make it a little louder but still throaty? Where would I start with this, i don't want it to sound ridiculously loud though.

5.I plan on driving this car until it dies, though if i was to sell it in 5ish years time, how much would I get for it assuming I didn't mess about with the engine and It had around 90k miles?

6.Could anyone recommend a modern radio that is a good match for the passat B6 saloon? Would need bluetooth at least, not fussed on DAB or CD.

7.Are there any common problems to watch out for with the 2.0l FSI model or even the 2007 B6 passat in general? Ive heard the EPB button can be iffy and should keep a spare or two in the car. Anything else?

Sorry for the long post. Any advice or guidance or help or whatever is appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login