New to site :)

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Nipper
Passat model: B6

New to site :)

Post by Nipper »

Hi All,

Great site spent hours reading some very useful threads and been down many rabbit holes trying to find answers to what seems very common faults. So going to ask Direct so here it goes:

EPB - god damn had calliper replaced today after a temp fix sealing the motor as it had cracked, so hope it’s fixed it.

Door handle - sticking, sometimes don’t open from outside. Great threads on here for me to try tomorrow to solve without taking door card off :)

Heater/glow plug

This is the one not solved (yet) I had the car sat for 2 weeks over Xmas. When I started her up it took about 45seconds - it felt fuel starved. Eventually fired up and what do you know. Heater plug earring light flashing and car was in limp mode

I carried on driving on a short journey, turned off and when I started back up light was gone and all was well and run as normal.

Had it on a scanner ( not sure what model of scanner at local garage ) and no faults !

Reading forums threads it seems it could be a range of issues.

Question for you guys

Would a different scanner pick up a fault the garage didn’t and then inform me of which direction to take in preventing it from limp mode again

Thanks

Nipper

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login