Ben306's Passat b6 Estate. Now with votex on coilovers

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ben306
B1
Passat model: B6 Estate

Ben306's Passat b6 Estate. Now with votex on coilovers

Post by ben306 »

Well after 4 months of searching I've finally found one I want. Put a deposit down on it and hopefully pick it up on Saturday if the log book is back and the plates are off.

1.9 SE. Mechanically its the best one we've looked at. Interior is immaculate but the bodywork needs attention. Bit of a scratch on the bonnet and a few little dinks. and with it being black you can see all the swirl marks so might have to invest in a DA Polisher.

Anyhow, not got it yet but some snaps from the advert.

Initial plans are a good service and a full once over. Give it a good clean and get my own photos.

Then, coilovers, tints to the rear windows. decide what to do with the towbar, either make it less ugly some how as it may come in useful for my bike, or look at removing it. And get it mapped as its pretty gutless

Plans further down the line are a different set of 18's, R line skirts and a front bumper splitter (finding these in plastic is hard work), and look as getting a stainless backbox sorted. Also spotted a few on here with different grilles that I like the look of so will look into them as well.

And then if it grows on me, I'll look at sorting a satnav head unit etc.

This is my 1st step into VW ownership. I've had 306's for the past 11+ years and owned my rallye for 8 years now which I still have. This is going to be a very nice change from the daily 306 tin boxes I've been driving for work and to Le Mans, and the Alps etc for the past years. Looking forward to something comfortable.

Anyhow, hope to get plenty of info, ideas and help from you guys and get to know you like some of the friends I've made through the French car/ 306/ trackday world!

Cheers all
Last edited by ben306 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 27 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login