Renegaderacer - B5.5 1.8T Sport Estate

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

renegaderacer
B4
Passat model: B5.5 1.8T Estate

Renegaderacer - B5.5 1.8T Sport Estate

Post by renegaderacer »

Well, I've been on here for a year now so it's about time I uploaded some pictures of my humble Passat! I had my first Passat a few years ago when I needed an estate car and wanted something smart looking for the right price. I ended up with a B5 Passat estate 1.8 20V S. That ended up on 18's, lowered with dvd player and screens and Fusion component speakers. Then my need for an estate ended and I bought a Subaru Impreza WRX which ended up puting out a proven 307bhp. This gave me the power bug so when the need for another estate came around, I knew I'd have to get a turbo! I waited ages to find what I was after. I drove from sunny Surrey to North London in a Mondeo with a terminally ill clutch to see a blue 1.8T Sport estate B5.5. It had full history, all the extras and lovely condition. Quick drive later and it was mine.

Almost straight away I debadged her at the rear as it was the only mod I could do that was free! Next up I fitted a K&N panel filter and Forge Split-R dump valve. She stayed like that for several months before I finally got the money to do anything else. Then I fitted Euro style plates and numberplate surrounds and ordered a Jom badgeless grille which took forever and a day to arrive.

While the exterior is by no means finished I turned my attention to the interior as that's the bit I'm going to see most of the time! First of all I fitted some LED mood lights in the front and rear footwells. I had neon ones in my first Passat but only in the front and they were only one colour. The advantage of LED's is that they come with a control box and I can change between seven different colours and different modes from solid colour to fading from one to another to flashing etc. The colour's a lot more subtle than the pictures imply.

Next up was in-dash DVD player and headrest screens. I chose an Eonon dvd player from China on eBay and matching headrest screens and the dvd arrived within 4 days and the screens the day after as I was fitting the head unit. Talk about timing! They were fairly straight forward as I've done this before although the wiring was a bit of a pain and the Chinese into English translation manual wasn't a great help either. I took some photo's as I was doing it and will do a how-to if anyone's interested? I'm planning on a few more screens but not as many as Pete, LOL!

That's all I've done for now although I've got a couple of things I'm working on at the moment and loads more plans for the rest of the car. I haven't even started on the wheels, suspension and engine!
Hope you like it and I'll update this as I get more done. Any comments welcome :D .
Giles

This topic has 197 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login