back in a passat wagon again

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

smithy220
still on the production line
Passat model: b3 estate gl

back in a passat wagon again

Post by smithy220 »

brought my first estate off here from a fellow forum user from Brighton,loved the car but after a while i didn't need it as i stopped biking for a while.brought a mk1 golf(was a bag of 5hite) which i then swapped for a mk3 golf gti 8v(cracking little motor)but liked to empty my wallet.
my old b3
the new b4
car is in really good nick 84k on the 2ltr 8v,lots of paperwork,17"tsw imollas,cat back long life system,coil overs :-?
plans are just the same as i did on my b3:de cat the cat,15" two piece split rims,big bass,280mm brakes,6k hid kit,4 branch,leathers,tow bar(or as i like to call them"parking sensors")leather steering wheel,led dash lighting.
Removed the suspension from it today due to all the noises it made and found this.
rear strut pistons had gone awol as they were not secured to anything :shock:
rear coil over strut fitted with lowering coil springs
and the same for the front
the only solution was to rob my corrado shell of its coilovers
top mounts were shot and the only other mounts to hand were mk2 golf/corrado,so fitted them(fingers crossed)
also fitted right click plug&play cdl upgrade,cant fault it at all.remote central locking in the space of 5 minutes.Just ordered some 19mm spacers for the rears to go with 5 stud disks and 15mm hub adapters upfront,so i can fit my 15s as i have named the 3 of the 4 205/40/17 tyres charles bronsons.As i would have to have a death wish to roll around on them.
all have bulges or horizontal splits in the side walls :( never been a fan of 17s anyhow so onwards and upwards.need a rear load cover and some rear handles if anyone has any.

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login