B5.5 1.8t Wagon - Coils, 3SDM and more to come

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

josh20v
still on the production line
Passat model: b5.5

B5.5 1.8t Wagon - Coils, 3SDM and more to come

Post by josh20v »

Hi all

first of all, this isn't my car, its a friends, but Ive put so many hours into it, I'm kind of attached too.
i'm his go-to for everything car related haha

it started off with him driving a bog standard 1.4 mk4 golf, which was all well and good, until he came out in my car, a 20vt 6n polo... this is when things started spiraling, his car was never going to be fast, so coils and wheels were bought, easy i thought, not much work

then the urge for more power came, in the form of a B5.5 1.8t wagon
quickly coils were added but obviously he wasn't happy with just this

then was the hunt for wheels, the original thought was some watercooled INDs or Rotiforms, but after searching for some time he could never settle for a set he wanted, in the end i stumbled across some 3SDM 0.06s on wheelwhores for a very good price !
so that was that, the 150 mile journey from doncaster to bristol was arranged and we were off, a deal was made and the car sson looked like this.

that's it for now ! but his list of parts (and my list of favors) is getting bigger and bigger

future plans are
spacers and adjustment of the lows
air ride
deciding on how to go about a twin exit rear exhaust (rs4 style)
remap
leather seats

I'm sure there's more but I've not been told just yet haha

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login