Budget B5.5 Estate

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

little_geoff
B7
Passat model: B5.5

Budget B5.5 Estate

Post by little_geoff »

Thought i'd better start a new thread in here, as the other one was become a bit off topic...
the original thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=79210

but this is what we are talking about, my newly aquired motor

so to start where we previously left off...
toonmania wrote:Nice colour same as mine it's Fresco Green :-bd

Good looking car though looks pretty much stock and untouched, but well looked :D have you got much service history for it?
It's got most of it accounted for...but the "Recent cam belt, and service" were done 20K and 5K ago respectively, so those are both due.
tbh i really havn't had time to check it over. The are no obvious knocks or noises...even the CV joints are quiet.

I do know the pollen filter needs sealing...and i don't get the indicator flash on lock/unlock. - but i don't know if the B5.5 are supposed to do that or not?

It also smokes a fair bit on accereation, so that will have to be looked at.

Can i add 2T to this, or does that knacker something in these engines i can't remember?
tbh i havn't even run it through VCDS or even put in my sunglass holders in.

It's dark when i go to work. It's dark when i get home... :(
I'm just glad i've got something reliable to get myself to work in. been getting a lift to work and back from a friend for the last two weeks.

I'll put up more pics when i can..
...oh and lots more questions too :D
Last edited by little_geoff on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 B5.5 1.9TDi 130 AWX

This topic has 68 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login